- The only official UK coin to mark The Prince of Wales’ 70th birthday
- The latest coin in a year of royal celebration
- Features a new portrait of the prince by Robert Elderton
- Finished to Brilliant Uncirculated standard, a finer finish than circulating coins
- Celebrate our longest serving heir apparent, who has shown an unwavering dedication to the British people
- To acknowledge the prince’s increased royal duties in recent years in helping the Queen carry out her role as monarch
With a commitment to serving the nation and supporting Her Majesty The Queen in official duties, The Prince of Wales has dedicated his life to helping others. Now in his 70th year, the prince shows no sign of slowing down. Last year alone saw the prince attend a remarkable 546 official occasions, while he also balances patronage to over 400 charitable organisations. This year The Prince of Wales has had important matters close to his heart keeping him busy, including the arrival of grandson HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge and the marriage of Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
We round off a fantastic year of royal celebration with an official UK £5 coin to mark The Prince of Wales’ 70th birthday. The reverse features a new portrait of the prince, created by experienced engraver Robert Elderton, who is known for previous coins designed for royal occasions such as the 40th anniversary of Her Majesty The Queen’s coronation in 1993. This year-dated coin is a wonderful way to complete your collection of 2018’s royal highlights, and comes packaged with fold-out packaging covering areas of The Prince of Wales’ life to date.
Your coin comes unopened fresh from the Mint. These are hard to obtain in Australia due to import expenses.
|Dimensions||16 × 17 × 1 cm|